Case number: CO/4117/2022
In the High Court of Justice
King’s Bench Division
1 February 2023
Upper Tribunal Judge Church
The King on the application of
FA and others
Secretary of State for the Home Department
UPON the Defendant agreeing to provide the Claimants with suitable and adequate self-catered accommodation comprising at least 3 bedrooms, by 15 December 2022 absent special circumstances.
AND UPON consideration of the Claimants’ grounds for judicial review, the material contained within the judicial review bundle and consideration of the Acknowledgement of Service.
By consent, it is ordered that:
- The Claimants are anonymised pursuant to CPR 39.2 and the claim shall be known as ‘FA and Others’.
- The Claimants have permission to withdraw their application for judicial review and their application is hereby withdrawn.
- The Defendant shall pay the Claimants’ reasonable costs associated with their application for judicial review, to be subject to detailed assessment if not agreed.
- There shall be a detailed assessment of the Claimants’ publicly funded costs.
- Following a period of three months from the date of this order to allow the parties to explore settlement of the damages claim, the matter shall be transferred to the Central London County Court for an assessment of damages pursuant to s.8 of the Human Rights Act 1998 (to include the question of whether an award of damages is necessary to afford just satisfaction to the Claimants for the breaches of their Convention rights).