Claim No: QB-2021-004210
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
10 August 2022
(1) St John’s College
(2) St Edmund’s College
UPON an application by the Claimant;
AND UPON consideration of s.1(1) Sexual Offences (Amendment) Act 1992, the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and Article 14 right to freedom from discrimination;
AND UPON it appearing that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant pursuant to CPR 39.2(4), and section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and CPR 5.4C and 5.4D;
It is ordered that:
1. That the identity of the Claimant, her mother and her father not be disclosed.
2. That the Claimant, her mother and her father all be described in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in the proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by press or otherwise as the following:
a. the Claimant as “GXA”
b. the Claimant’s mother as “MXA”
c. the Claimant’s father as “FXA”.
3. That the addresses of the Claimant and her parents be stated in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address of the Claimant’s solicitors.
4. That insofar as necessary, any statement of case or other document disclosing the Claimant’s name or address or the names or address of her parents already filed in the proceedings be replaced by a document describing such names or addresses in anonymised form as above.
5. That the original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the Claimant or of her parents is to be placed on the Court file in a sealed envelope marked ‘Not to be opened without the permission of a Judge, Master or District Judge of the Queen’s Bench Division’.
6. That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission of a Master or District Judge. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked ‘Anonymised’.
7. That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant or her parents. The publication of the name and address of the Claimant or any member of the Claimant’s immediate family is prohibited.
8. Insofar as the Order is made under CPR 23.9 without service of a copy of the application notice on the Defendant, that the Claimant do comply with rule 23.9(2) by service on the Defendant.
9. That the Defendant may apply under rule 23.10 to have this Order set aside or varied.