Claim Number: J03MA660
In The County Court At Manchester
27 June 2023
Her Honour Judge Evans
Hall Brown Limited
Tutti Rose Watson
UPON the Defendant’s application for a variation of the order of HHJ Evans dated 19 January 2023 (the “Judgment Order”), made by notice dated 5 April 2023 (the “Defendant’s Application”).
AND UPON the Claimant’s application to discharge the anonymity order of HHJ Evans dated 19 January 2023 (the “Anonymity Order”), made by notice dated 11 May 2023 (the “Claimant’s Application”).
AND UPON hearing Miss Chelsea Carter of counsel for the Claimant and Mr Ben Chapman of counsel for the Defendant.
AND UPON the court having read the written submissions of the Defendant’s former spouse dated 16 June 2023.
AND UPON the court recording that if the Defendant’s former spouse seeks any order he must make an application in accordance with the Civil Procedure Rules.
AND UPON the Defendant making an oral application in the face of the court for an order restricting the Defendant’s former spouse from using the documents served on him in these proceedings beyond these proceedings (the “Restriction Application”).
AND UPON the court deciding that the order below is sufficient to protect the article 8 interests of the Defendant’s former spouse and the Defendant’s daughter.
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
Warning: If you do not obey this order, you may be held in contempt of court and you may be imprisoned, fined or your assets may be seized
- The Defendant’s Application is dismissed.
- The Restriction Application is dismissed.
- The Anonymity Order is discharged.
- A person who is not a party to the proceedings is prohibited from obtaining or disseminating any statements of case, witness statements, orders, judgments, transcripts or any other document or communication from these proceedings without making an application to the court for permission to obtain and/or disseminate such documents. Any such applications shall be made on at least 7 days’ notice to the Defendant (whom the court shall serve with the application so that the Defendant’s address remains confidential) and referred to HHJ Evans for consideration (or to another Circuit Judge in the absence of HHJ Evans).
- The parties to the proceedings are prohibited from disseminating the transcript of the judgment of the trial before HHJ Evans without permission of HHJ Evans (or another Circuit Judge in the absence of HHJ Evans).
- The court file shall be clearly marked with the words “This case is subject to the order of HHJ Evans dated 27 June 2023, and any application by a non-party to obtain and/or disseminate documents of any type (including statements of case, orders, judgments and transcripts) from these proceedings must be dealt with in accordance with paragraph 4 of that order.”
- The Defendant shall pay the Claimant’s costs of opposing the Defendant’s Application and making the Claimant’s Application summarily assessed in the total sum of £8,000.00.
- The Claimant’s solicitors shall serve a sealed copy of this order on the Defendant’s former spouse.
- The court shall forthwith provide the Claimant’s solicitors with a sealed copy of the Judgment Order identifying the Defendant by her full name “Tutti Rose Watson”.
- A copy of this order shall be published on the website of the Judiciary of England and Wales pursuant to CPR r.39.2(5). For that purpose, a court officer will send a copy of the order by email to the Judicial Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dated this 27 day of June 2023