Case Number: QB-2022-000327
In The High Court Of Justice
King’s Bench Division
21 February 2023
The Home Office
UPON READING an application notice by the Claimant dated 23 December 2022.
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s right to respect for private and family life under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights (‘ECHR’) and the right to freedom of expression under Article 10 ECHR.
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules.
IT IS ORDERED:-
- That the identity of the Claimant be not disclosed.
- That the Claimant be described in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in the proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as “HH”.
- That the address of the Claimant be stated in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address of the Claimant’s solicitors.
- That in so far as necessary, any statement of case or other document disclosing the Claimant’s name or address already filed in the proceedings be replaced by a document describing such name or address in anonymised form as above, with references to other individuals anonymised to like effect.
- That the original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the Claimant is to be placed on the Court file in a sealed envelope marked “not to be opened without the permission of a Judge, Master or District Judge of the King’s Bench Division”.
- That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission of a Master or District Judge. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
- That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant. The publication of the name and address of the Claimant or of any member of the Claimant’s immediate family is prohibited.
- The provisions of this Order shall not apply:-
a. to communications between the Court Funds Office and the anonymised party in relation to the payment of money into the Court Funds Office for the benefit of the anonymised party or the investment or treatment of payment out of such money;
b. to communications between the Court Funds Office and/or the anonymised party and any financial institution concerned as to the receipt or investment of such money; or
c. to records kept by the Court Funds Office or the anonymised party or Litigation Friend or any such financial institution in relation to such money.
- That the Claimant do by 23 December 2023 draw and file this Order and serve the same on the Defendant.
- That the Claimant do comply with rule 23.9(2) by service on the Defendant.
- That the Defendant may apply under rule 23.10 to have this Order set aside or varied.
- That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have this Order set aside or varied.
- Costs in the case.
Date of Order: 21 February 2023