Claim number: CO/1064/2023
In the High Court of Justice
King’s Bench Division
14 June 2023
Richard Clayton KC sitting as a Deputy High Court Judge
The King on the application of
The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead
Notification of the Judge’s decision on the application for permission to apply for judicial review (CPR 54.11, 54.12)
Following consideration of the documents lodged by the Claimant and the Acknowledgement of service filed by the Defendant
ORDER by Richard Clayton KC sitting as a Deputy High Court Judge
- Pursuant to CPR r. 39.2, the identity of the Claimant shall not be disclosed directly or indirectly, and this matter shall be known and listed as R (HT) v The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead on the ground that the Claimant is a vulnerable child and his Article 8 ECHR rights outweigh any media interest in this matter under Article 10 ECHR and complies with the guidance given by the Supreme Court in Re Guardian News and Media Ltd.  2 AC 697.
- The Statement of Fact and Grounds is 56 pages and, therefore, exceeds the 40 page limit required by CPR PD 4.2(3), but I nevertheless grant permission for the Claimant to exceed that page limit.
- An extension of time is granted to the Claimant to file this claim for judicial review. The Age Assessment was finally served on the Claimant’s Solicitors on 6 January 2023 is unopposed and the extension is unopposed.
- The application for permission to apply for judicial review is granted.
- The case is transferred to the Upper Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum).