Hyndburn Borough Council (anonymity order published under CPR 39.2(5)
Case No: 041900191373
In Lancashire Magistrates’ Court (Sitting at Blackpool Magistrates’)
District Judge (Magisrates’ Courts) Goodwin
Hyndburn Borough Council
UPON READING an application notice by the Complainant dated 9th October 2019
AND UPON HEARING Mr Darren Preston, Counsel for the Complainant and Mr Stephen Knight, Counsel for the Defendants
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the true identities of Witness A and Witness B is necessary to secure the proper administration of justice and in order to protect the interests of the witnesses
IT IS ORDERED:
- That the true name or any name by which they are known of the witnesses referred to these proceedings as Witness A and Witness B be not disclosed in
- That the true name or any name by which they are known of the witnesses referred to these proceedings as Witness A and Witness B not be disclosed to the defendants by any
- That the witnesses are to be described in all documents filed or served in the proceedings and in any report of the proceedings in the press or otherwise as “Witness A” and “Witness B”.
- That insofar as necessary, any statement or other document disclosing the name of Witness A or Witness B filed in proceedings be replaced by a document describing such name as in anonymised form as above
- That the original of any such document disclosing the name of Witness A or Witness B is to be placed on the Court file in a sealed envelope marked “Not to be opened without the permission of the District Judge”.
- That no non-party may inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court file without the permission of the District Judge. Any such application must be made on notice to the Complainant, and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
- The publication of the true name or any name by which they are known of Witness A or Witness B is prohibited.
- That the Complainant do by 28th day of November 2019 draw and file this Order and serve the same on the Defendants.
Dated 30th October 2019