Claim No.: QB-2020-004080
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
03 December 2020
Chelsea Football Club Limited
UPON the Claimant’s Application Notice dated 20 November 2020
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and
family life and the Article 10 right of freedom of expression
AND UPON IT APPEARING that the case is likely to attract publicity and that nondisclosure
of the identity of the Claimant is necessary in order to protect the interests
of the Claimant.
AND PURSUANT to s11 Contempt of Court Act 1981 and CPR Rule 5.4A to 5.4D and
CPR Rule 39.2(4) and the inherent jurisdiction of the court.
IT IS ORDERED that: –
1. The identity of the Claimant be not disclosed.
2. The Claimant be described in all statements of case and other documents to
be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in the
proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as
3. The address of the Claimant be stated in all statements of case and other
documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address of the
4. In so far as necessary, any statement of case or other document disclosing the
Claimant’s name or address already filed in the proceedings be replaced by a
document describing such name or address in anonymised form as above.
5. The original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the
Claimant [or of the litigation friend] is to be placed on the Court file marked
“confidential: not to be opened without the permission of a Judge, Master or
District Judge of the Queen’s Bench Division”
6. A non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the
Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the
permission of a Master or District Judge. Any application for such permission
must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect service. The
file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
7. Reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may
lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant. The publication of the
name and address of the Claimant or of any member of the Claimant’s
immediate family [or the name and address of the litigation friend] is prohibited.
8. The Claimant do comply with rule 23.9(2) by service on the Defendant.
9. The Defendant may apply under rule 23.10 to have this Order set aside or
10. Any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have
this Order set aside or varied.
11. Costs in the case.
12. A copy of this Order shall be published on the website of the Judiciary of
England and Wales (which may be found at www.judiciary.uk) in accordance
with CPR 39(5) and the Practice Direction: Publication of Privacy and
Anonymity Orders in the published copy of the Order the Claimant shall be
described as IGX.