Claim No. QB-2020-002252
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
Media and Communications List
1 July 2020
The Chief Constable of Essex Police
UPON an Application on short notice by the Claimant on 30 June 2020;
AND UPON READING the Application Notice and supporting documents submitted by the Claimant on 30 June 2020 AND UPON HEARING Counsel for the Claimant at a telephone hearing in private pursuant to Practice Direction 51Y on 30 June 2020 AND UPON the Master considering s.12 of the Human Rights Act 1998 and being satisfied that it is strictly necessary to secure the proper administration of justice pursuant to and/or to protect the interests of the Claimant and pursuant to CPR
39.2(4), Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights and section 6 of the Human Rights Act 1998 and/or CPR 39.2(4), CPR 5.4C(1), (4)(c) and (4)(d), and section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
1. The identity of the Claimant in these proceedings, or any matter likely to lead to their identification, shall not be published or disclosed to any non-party (other than their legal advisers instructed in relation to these proceedings).
2. The Claimant shall be referred to in these proceedings by the cipher “JAG” and accordingly:
a. The Claimant be permitted to issue these proceedings as JAG and giving an address c/o the Claimant’s solicitors
b. There be substituted for all purposes in these proceedings in place of references to the Claimant/ by name, and whether orally or in writing, references to the cipher JAG.
3. Other than with the permission of the Court no non-party may obtain from the records of the Court a copy of any document lodged with the Court for the purposes of this Application or the Proceedings unless it has first been edited so as to remove any matter which may identify the Claimant.
4. In so far as is necessary, any statement of case or other document disclosing the Claimant’s name or address already filed in the proceedings be replaced by a document describing such name or address in anonymised form as above.
5. The original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the Claimant is to be placed on the Court file marked “confidential not to be opened without the permission of a Judge, Master or District Judge of the Queen’s Bench Division”.6. Any party affected by the terms of this order shall have permission to apply to vary or set aside any part of it on the provision of at least 48 hours’ notice to the Parties.
7. A copy of this Order shall be published on the website of the Judiciary of England and Wales and in the published copy of the Order the Claimant shall be described as JAG