Claim No: QB-2022-000625
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
(1) KAS (A Minor By Way Of Her Litigation Friend The
(2) KBS (A Minor By Way Of Her
Litigation Friend The Official Solicitor)
Newport City Council
Upon reading the Claimant’s application and upon reading the claim form herein and for the
And upon consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life
and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression.
And upon it appearing that none-disclosure of the identity of the Claimants is necessary in
order to protect the interest of the Claimant.
And pursuant to Rule 39.2 (4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section ii of the Contempt of
Court Act 1981 and Rules 5.4c and 5.4d of the Civil Procedure Rules.
It is ordered:
1. That the identity of the Claimants be not disclosed.
2. That the Claimants be described in all statements of case and other documents to be
filed or served in the proceedings and in any Judgment or Order in the proceedings
and in any report of the proceedings by the press anonymised as “KAS” and ‘’ KBS’’
(or in other anonymised form as ordered).
3. That the address of the Claimants be stated in all statements of case and other
documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address for the Claimant’s
4. That insofar as necessary, any statement of case where the document disclosing the
Claimants’ names or addressed already filed in the proceedings be replaced by a
document describing such names or addresses in anonymised form as above.
5. That the original of any such document disclosing the names or addresses of the
Claimants is to be placed on the court file in a sealed envelope marked “Not to be
opened without the permission of a Judge/Master or District Judge of the Queen’s
6. That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the
court file (other than this Order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission
of a Master or District Judge. Any application for such permission must be made on
notice to the Claimants and the court re effect service. The file is to be retained by the
court and marked “Private”.
7. That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead
to the subsequent identification of the Claimants. The publication of the name and
address of the Claimants or of any member of the Claimants’ immediate family is
8. That the Claimants do by [ ] draw and file this Order and serve the same on the
9. (Insofar as the Order is made under Rule 23.9 without service of a copy of the
application notice on the Defendant) that the Claimants do comply with Rule 23.9 (2)
by service on the Defendant.
10. That the Defendants may apply under Rule 23.10 to have this Order set aside or
11. That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have
this Order set aside or varied.
12. This order is to be published in its anonymised form on the website of the judiciary of
England and Wales