Claim No: QB-2022-002927
In the High Court of Justice
King’s Bench Division
Media and Communications List
12 September 2022
Mr Justice Lavender
UPON the agreement of the parties to enter into a consent order providing for judgment to be entered for the Claimant against the Defendant in these proceedings (the Consent Order)
AND UPON reading the witness statement of Michael Patrick Frost, solicitor for the Claimant, on behalf of the Claimant, and the letter dated 6 September 2022 from Brandsmiths SL Limited, solicitors for the Defendant, on behalf of the Defendant, confirming that the Defendant gives her consent to the making of this Order and the Consent Order WITHOUT A HEARING
IT IS ORDERED that:
1. The requirements (set out in CPR 16PD, paragraphs 2.2, 2.3 and 2.6) that a Claimant must provide their name and address and that of the Defendant in the Claim Form be dispensed with. Pursuant to CPR r.39.2(4) and/or Article 8 ECHR, the Claimant is permitted to issue these proceedings:
(a) naming the Claimant as “KRS” and giving an address c/o the Claimant’s solicitors;
(b) naming the Defendant as “LST” and giving an address c/o the Defendant’s solicitors; and
(c) it is permitted that there be substituted for all purposes in these proceedings in place of references to the Claimant and Defendant by name, and whether orally or in writing, references to the letters KRS and LST.
2. Details of the claim are set out in the Confidential Witness Statement of Michael Patrick Frost and Confidential Exhibit MPF1. The parties’ names and residential addresses, along with the names and addresses of the Claimant’s wife, child, parents, brother-in-law and mother-in-law are set out in Confidential Schedule 1 to the Consent Order. The information which is the subject of the claim and disclosure of which is prohibited by the Consent Order is set out at Confidential Schedule 2 to the Order. The provision of Confidential Witness Statement of Michael Patrick Frost and Confidential Exhibit MPF1, Confidential Schedules 1 and 2 to the Consent Order, or of any other confidential documents in the proceedings, to any non-party is prohibited and they are to be retained by the Court and marked: “confidential: not to be opened without the permission of a Judge or Master of the Queen’s Bench Division of the High Court”. Any such application for permission must be made on notice to the other party.
3. Pursuant to CPR r.6.16 service of the Claim Form be dispensed with.
4. A copy of this Order shall be published on the website of the Judiciary of England and Wales (which may be found at www.judiciary.uk). For that purpose, a court officer will send a copy of the order by email to the Judicial Office at email@example.com.
5. The Claimant’s legal representatives will serve a copy of this order on the Defendant’s legal representatives.