Claim No: H80SE118
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
Sheffield District Registry
10 September 2021
His Honour Judge Robinson
(Sitting as a Judge of the High Court)
BEFORE His Honour Judge Robinson sitting as a Judge of the High Court in the Queen’s Bench Division Sheffield District Registry on 6 September 2021
UPON hearing Counsel for the Claimant, Adam Clemens and Counsel for the Defendant, Mr Joseph Price. AND UPON consideration of the Claimants’ Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression.
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant, the Litigation Friend and First Defendant is necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant.
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section II of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules.
IT IS ORDERED:
1. That the identity of the Claimant and the Defendant are not to be disclosed.
2. That the Claimant and the Defendant be described in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in the proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as:
(a) LC for the Claimant
(b) BD for the Defendant
3. That the address of the Claimant be stated in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address of the Claimants’ solicitors, the address of the Defendant be stated as the address of the Defendants’ solicitor.
4. That in so far as necessary, any statement of case or other document disclosing the Claimant and the Defendant names and addresses already filed in the proceedings be replaced by a document describing such name or address in anonymised form as above.
5. That the original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the Claimant, and the Defendant is to be placed on the Court file in a sealed envelope marked “not to be opened without the permission of a Judge, Master or District Judge of the Queen’s Bench Di vision”.
6. That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission of a Master or District Judge. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
7. That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant and Defendant. The publication of the name and address of the Claimants or of any member of the Claimant’s immediate family or the Defendant’s name and address is prohibited.
8. The provisions of this Order shall not apply:
(i) to communications between the Court Funds Office and the anonymised party or Litigation Friend in relation to the payment of money into the Court Funds Office for the benefit of the anonymised party or the investment or treatment of payment out of such money;
(ii) to communications between the Court Funds Office and/or the anonymised party or Litigation Friend and any financial institution concerned as to the receipt or investment of such money; or
(iii) to records kept by the Court Funds Office or the anonymised party or Litigation Friend or any such financial institution in relation to such money.
(iv) to communications between the Defendants or their legal advisers or reinsurers or the Compensation Recovery Unit
9. That the Defendants may apply under rule 23.10 to have this Order set aside or varied.
10. That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have this Order set aside or varied.