Claim No.: QB-2021-002468
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
6 July 2021
Chief Constable of Nottinghamshire Police
UPON reading an application notice by the Claimant dated 2 July 2021
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression
AND UPON it appearing that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant
AND PURSUANT to rule 5.4C(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules
AND BY CONSENT
IT IS ORDERED THAT
1. A non-party may not obtain a copy of a statement of case from the court records under rule 5.4C(1) of the Civil Procedure Rules.
2. A non-party may not inspect or obtain any copy statement of case or other document from the Court file unless it has been edited (anonymised) as follows:
a. The Claimant be described as “LGR”.
b. The address of the Claimant be the address of the Claimant’s solicitors.
c. In so far as is necessary, any other information making the Claimant identifiable be in anonymised form as above, or redacted.
3. Any application for permission to inspect or obtain any copy statement of case or other document from the Court file must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
4. Reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant. The publication of the name and address of the Claimant or of any member of the Claimant’s immediate family is prohibited. The Claimant be described in any report of the proceedings by the press of otherwise as “LGR”.
5. The Claimant draw and file this Order and serve the same on the Defendant within 7 days of receiving the sealed copy.
6. Any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have this Order set aside or varied.
Dated this 6th day of July 2021