Claim No: QB-2020-002123
In the High Court of Justice
King’s Bench Division
26 October 2022
Nicholas Braslavsky KC
(Sitting as a Deputy Judge of the High Court)
(in Her Own Right and as Executrix of the Estate of Mr Paul Wilkinson (Deceased))
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Order for Anonymity
UPON hearing counsel for the Claimant
UPON considering the Claimant’s application
AND UPON there being three child dependants of the Deceased
AND pursuant to CPR Rule 39.2(4), the Court being satisfied that this Order is necessary to protect the interests of the Claimant and her family and there is no countervailing public interest in disclosure
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
- The name or address of the Claimant and the name or address of the child dependants must not be disclosed directly or indirectly in any report of these proceedings.
- There shall be no publication of the Claimant’s name and address or those of the child dependants or any information which may tend to identify the Claimant or the Litigation Friend.
- There shall be substituted for all purposes of this case, in place of references to the Claimant by name, and whether in orally or in writing, references to LJX. References to the child dependants shall be as follows:
Child 1 – EWX
Child 2 – RWX
Child 3 – AWX
- A non-party may not inspect or obtain the copy of any document from the Court file without the permission of a District Judge. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant. The Court will serve.
- Pursuant to CPR Rule 5.4C, a non-party may not obtain any copy statement of case of documents from the Court file unless it has been anonymised in accordance with this direction and there have been redacted any information which might identify the Claimant.
- Nothing in paragraphs 1 to 5 above shall prohibit the Defendant from disclosing the Claimant’s name, address or any other information tending to identify her to their indemnifiers, their legal and professional advisers, including medico-legal and/or quantum experts or any other person required by law.
- Permission to apply.
- Costs in the case