Claim No.: QB-2020-004048
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
03 December 2020
– v –
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board
UPON the Claimant’s Application Notice issued on 18 November 2020
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and
family life and the Article 10 right of freedom of expression.
AND UPON IT APPEARING the case is likely to attract publicity and that nondisclosure
of the identity of the Claimant is necessary in order to protect the interests
of the Claimant.
AND PURSUANT to s.11 Contempt of Court Act 1981 and CPR Rule 5.4A to 5.4D
and CPR Rule 39.2(4).
IT IS ORDERED that: –
1. The identity of the Claimant be not disclosed.
2. There be substituted for all purposes of this case, in place of references to the
Claimant by name, and whether orally or in writing, references to the letters
3. The address of the Claimant be stated in all statements of case and other
documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address of the
4. In so far as necessary, any statement of case or other document disclosing the
Claimant’s name or address already filed in the proceedings be replaced by a
document describing such name or address in anonymised form as above.
5. The original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the
Claimant is to be placed on the Court file marked “confidential: not to be opened
without the permission of a Judge, Master or District Judge of the Queen’s
6. A non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the
Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the
permission of a Master or District Judge. Any application for such permission
must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect service. The
file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
7. Reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may
lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant. The publication of the
name and address of the Claimant and their immediate family is prohibited.
8. Any party or non-party affected by this order may apply on notice to set aside
or vary this order.
9. Costs in the case.
10. A copy of this Order shall be published on the website of the Judiciary of
England and Wales (which may be found at www.judiciary.uk) in accordance
with CPR 39(5) and the Practice Direction: Publication of Privacy and
Anonymity Orders in the published copy of the Order the Claimant shall be
described as LMX.