MI -v- London Borough of Waltham Forest (anonymity order)
CLAIM NO: CO/2185/2020
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
12 February 2021
THE HONOURABLE MR JUSTICE MURRAY
THE QUEEN (on the application of)
(1) MI (by his mother and litigation friend, SI)
(2) IR (by her mother and litigation friend, MR)
London Borough of Waltham Forest
UPON hearing from counsel for the Claimant, David Wolfe QC and Khatija Hafesji, and counsel for the Defendant, Peter Oldham QC
IT IS ORDERED THAT:-
- The application for permission to apply for judicial review be dismissed.
- The Claimants’ application for anonymity in respect of the witness “CL” is granted. References to this witness will be anonymised in the court’s judgment so as to protect the identity of her daughter who is a disabled child.
- There be no order as to costs.
- There be a detailed assessment of the Claimants’ publicly funded costs.