Claim Number: F90MA266
In the High Court of Justice
King’s Bench Division
Manchester District Registry
13 November 2022
Her Honour Judge Sephton KC
MT (a protected party by her litigation friend ADT)
BEFORE the His Honour Judge Sephton KC sitting as a judge of the High Court at Manchester Civil Justice Centre, 1 Bridge Street, Manchester, M60 9DJ on 14th November 2022 at 10.00am
UPON HEARING Mr Philip MD Grundy, Counsel for the Claimant, and Mr TP Hodgson , Counsel for the Defendants.
AND UPON reading so far as necessary the documents submitted within the Approval Bundle
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression and upon it appearing that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant
AND PURSUANT to Rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and Section II of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and Rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules
IT IS ORDERED (as regards the anonymity of the Claimant):
- That the identity of the Claimant and of her Litigation Friend shall not be disclosed.
- That the Claimant, her Litigation Friend and the Defendants shall be described in the Final Order herein, in any copy of this Order disclosed hereafter to any non-party affected thereby and in any report of the proceedings by the press as “MT” , “ADT , “MP” and “AH” respectively.
- That the original and any copies of any Statement of Case or other document including the Final Order disclosing the name or address of the Claimant or her Litigation Friend already filed in the proceedings are to be placed on the Court File in a sealed envelope or box marked “Not to be opened without the permission of a Judge of the High Court”.
- That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court File (other than this Order which must first be duly anonymised) without permission of a Judge of the High Court. Any Application for such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
- That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to subsequent identification of the Claimant or of her Litigation Friend. The publication of the name and address of the Claimant and/or of any members of the Claimant’s immediate family is prohibited.
- The provisions of this Order shall not apply:
a. To communications between the Claimant and her solicitors and the Court in relation to this action;
b. To communications between the Claimant and her solicitors and the Deputy appointed on behalf of the Claimant in relation to the management of her property and affairs and/or the investment or treatment or payment of monies whether received pursuant to the terms of the Final Order or otherwise.
- That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on written notice to all parties in order to have this Order set aside or varied.