Claim No: QB-2022-000411
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
Master McCloud on behalf of Master Davison
MTX (By Their Litigation Friend The Official Solicitor)
Staffordshire County Council
UPON READING an application notice by the Claimant dated 07 February 2022.
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 3 rights to freedom from torture and
inhuman or degrading treatment, Article 6 rights to a fair trial and Article 8 rights to
respect for private and family life.
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is
necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant.
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section II of the
Contempt of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules.
IT IS ORDERED:-
1. That the identity of the Claimant be not disclosed.
2. That the Claimant be described in all statements of case and other
documents to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or
order in the proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or
otherwise as MTX.
3. That the address of the Claimant be stated in all statements of case and other
documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address of the
4. That in so far as necessary, any statement of case or other document
disclosing the Claimant’s name or address already filed in the proceedings be
replaced by a document describing such names or addresses in anonymised
form as above.
5. That the original of any such document disclosing the names or addresses of
the Claimant is to be placed on the Court file in a sealed envelope marked
“not to be opened without the permission of a Judge, Master or District Judge
of the Queen’s Bench Division”.
6. That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or
from the Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without
the permission of a Master or District Judge. Any application for such
permission must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect
service. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
7. That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that
may lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant. The publication of
the name and address of the Claimant or of any member of the Claimant’s
immediate family is prohibited.
8. The provisions of this Order shall not apply:-
(i) to communications between the Court Funds Office and the
anonymised party or Litigation Friend in relation to the payment of
money into the Court Funds Office for the benefit of the
anonymised party or the investment or treatment of payment out of
(ii) to communications between the Court Funds Office and/or the
anonymised party or Litigation Friend and any financial institution
concerned as to the receipt or investment of such money; or
(iii) to records kept by the Court Funds Office or the anonymised party
or Litigation Friend or any such financial institution in relation to
9. That the Claimant does not draw and file this Order and serve the same on
the Defendant within 28 days of the date of this Order.
10. That the Claimant complies with rule 23.9(2) by service on the Defendant.
11. That the Defendant may apply under rule 23.10 to have this Order set aside
12. That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to
have this Order set aside or varied.
13. A copy of this order shall be published on the Judicial Website of the High
Court of Justice specifying that the Claimant shall be referred to as MTX.