Case Number: QB-2020-002489
In the Court of Appeal
On Appeal from King’s Bench Division
31 January 2023
Lady Justice Nicola Davies
A Secondary School
UPON the appellant having a statutory right to anonymity pursuant to s1 of the Sexual Offences (Amendment Act) 1992
AND UPON it appearing that revealing the identity of the perpetrator of the abuse upon the appellant is likely to have the result that the appellant will be identified by members of the public
AND UPON consideration of the appellant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the Article 10 right of freedom of expression
AND PURSUANT to s11 Contempt of Court Act 1981 and CPR Rule 5.4A to 5.4D and CPR Rule 39.2(4) and the inherent jurisdiction of the court.
IT IS ORDERED that
- The appellant shall be known as “MXX”. There shall be no reporting of the appellant’s identity or any information that may reasonably be expected to lead to their identity being discovered.
- The respondent shall be known as “A Secondary School”. There shall be no reporting of any information that may reasonably be expected to lead to the respondent school being identified.
- This order be published with the redacted titles shown above.
- The perpetrator of the abuse upon the appellant shall be known as “PXM”. There shall be no reporting of their identity or any information that may reasonably be expected to lead to their identity being discovered.
- Any party affected by this order may apply with 24 hours’ notice to vary this order.
- Costs in the case.
BY THE COURT