Case No: CO/3120/2022
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
30 August 2022
The Honourable Mrs Justice Steyn DBE
The Queen on the application of
London Borough of Newham
On the Claimant’s application for urgent consideration, interim relief and anonymity
Following consideration of the documents lodged by the Claimant
Order by the Honourable Mrs Justice Steyn DBE
1. Pursuant to CPR rule 39.2, no person shall publish the Claimant’s name and address, or any other information likely to identify the Claimant, in any report of these proceedings, without leave of the Court. The Claimant is to be referred to by the initial ‘MZR’.
2. The Defendant shall file and serve any written submissions in response to the Claimant’s application for interim relief by no later than 4pm on 5 September 2022.
3. The Claimant has permission, if so advised, to file and serve brief written submissions in reply within two days of service of the Defendant’s submissions.
4. The Claimant’s application for interim relief shall be placed before a judge on 8 September 2022, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter, for urgent consideration of the Claimant’s application for interim relief and/or further directions.
5. Liberty to apply.
6. Costs reserved.
1. As the Claimant recognises, the appropriate course is to give the Defendant a reasonable opportunity to respond to his application for interim relief. I have made directions accordingly.
2. I consider that it is appropriate to make an anonymity order pursuant to CPR r.39.2, and having balanced articles 8 and 10 of the ECHR, having regard to the Claimant’s extant application for asylum.