Claim number: AC-2023-LON-002442
In the High Court of Justice
King’s Bench Division
2 November 2023
Vikram Sachdeva KC, sitting as a Deputy High Court Judge
The King on the application of
London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham
Notification of the Judge’s decision on the application for permission to apply for judicial review (CPR 54.11, 54.12)
Following consideration of the documents lodged by the Claimant and the Acknowledgement of Service filed by the Defendant
ORDER by Vikram Sachdeva KC, sitting as a Deputy High Court Judge
- The Claimant is granted permission to conduct this claim without a litigation friend, pursuant to CPR 21.2(3).
- The Claimant shall be known in these proceedings as “NA” and his identity shall not be disclosed, pursuant to CPR 39.2(4).
- The Claimant is granted permission to amend his Statement of Facts and Grounds in the form attached to the application dated 31 August 2023.
- The application for permission to apply for judicial review is granted.
- The Defendant shall treat the Claimant as a person falling within s. 20 Children Act 1989 until 19 November 2023. Thereafter, the Defendant shall treat the Claimant as a person falling within s. 23C Children Act 1989 and as a care leaver pending the conclusion of these proceedings or further order.
- The claim is transferred to the Upper Tribunal forthwith.
- The claim is arguable.