Case No: CO/4582/2022
In the High Court of Justice
King’s Bench Division
29 December 2022
The Honourable Mr Justice Bourne
The King on the application of
NM by his litigation friend Joshua Singer
The London Borough of Hackney
On an application by the Claimant for judicial review
Following consideration of the documents lodged by the Claimant
ORDER by the Honourable Mr Justice Bourne
- Pursuant to CPR r.39.2(4), the identity of the Claimant shall not be revealed, either directly or indirectly, and he shall be referred to as “NM”.
- The applications for permission and for interim relief will be considered by a Judge on or as soon as possible after 6 January 2023.
- Liberty to apply.
- Costs reserved.
- On the information so far available, paragraph 1 of this order is necessary to secure the anonymity to which the Claimant is entitled in his asylum proceedings and to protect his best interests.
- The Claimant sought an order abridging the time for service of the Defendant’s AOS. However, the claim was served on 9.12.22 and therefore the AOS is due on 30.12.22 i.e. tomorrow, so no order is necessary.
- It is reasonable for the applications for permission and for interim relief to be considered quickly i.e. 7 days after the due date for the AOS.