Claim No: QB-2020-000001
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
Deputy Master Bagot QC
(A Protected Party by his Litigation Friend and Mother STX)
(1) RAMESH KAYLAN GOSAI
(2) ALLIANZ INSURANCE
BEFORE Deputy Master Bagot QC sitting at the Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London,
WC2A 2LL on 2nd February 2022
UPON the Claimant’s oral application for an Anonymity Order,
AND UPON hearing Giles Mooney QC for the Claimant and Andrew Davis QC for the
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family
life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression.
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is
necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant.
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section II of the
Contempt of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules.
IT IS ORDERED:-
1. That the identity of the Claimant and of the Litigation Friend shall not be disclosed.
2. That the Claimant and the Litigation Friend be described in all statements of case
and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or
order in the proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or
otherwise as “OPX” and “STX”.
3. That the address of the Claimant and of the litigation friend be stated in all
statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as
the address of the Claimant’s solicitors.
4. That in so far as necessary, any statement of case or other document disclosing the
Claimant’s name or address or the name or address of the Litigation Friend already
filed in the proceedings be replaced by a document describing such name or address
in anonymised form as above.
5. That the original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the
Claimant or of the litigation friend is to be placed on the Court file in a sealed
envelope marked “not to be opened without the permission of a Judge, Master or
District Judge of the Queen’s Bench Division”.
6. That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the
Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission
of a Master or District Judge. Any application for such permission must be made on
notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by
the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
7. That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may
lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant or Litigation Friend. The
publication of the name and address of the Claimant or of any member of the
Claimant’s immediate family or the name and address of the litigation friend is
8. The provisions of this Order shall not apply:-
(i) to communications between the Court Funds Office and the anonymised
party or Litigation Friend in relation to the payment of money into the
Court Funds Office for the benefit of the anonymised party or the
investment or treatment of payment out of such money;
(ii) to communications between the Court Funds Office and/or the anonymised
party or Litigation Friend and any financial institution concerned as to the
receipt or investment of such money; or
(iii) to records kept by the Court Funds Office or the anonymised party or
Litigation Friend or any such financial institution in relation to such
9. That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have
this Order set aside or varied.
10. A copy of this Order shall be published on the Courts and Tribunals Judiciary
Website specifying that the Claimant shall be referred to as “OPX” and the
Litigation Friend shall be referred to as “STX”
10. Costs in the case.