Claim No: QB-2022-002323
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
25 July 2022
OXW (a Minor By His Mother And Litigation Friend, Ms JXL)
University Hospitals Sussex NHS Foundation Trust
UPON the Claimant’s Application Notice issued on
AND UPON it appearing the case is likely to have publicity and that revealing the identity of the Claimant is likely to damage the interests of the Claimant and that, accordingly, publications of details revealing the Claimant’s identity ought to be prohibited.
AND PURSUANT to s.11 Contempt of Court Act 1981 and CPR Rule 5.4A to 5.4D and CPR Rule 39.2
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect private and family life and Article 10 rights.
IT IS ORDERED that:
- All references to the Claimant by name whether orally or in writing shall be substituted for all purposes of this case, with reference to the letters OXW. Likewise, the Claimant’s Litigation Friend shall be referred to by the letters JXL
- To the extent necessary to protect the Claimant identity, any other references, whether to persons or places or otherwise, be adjusted appropriately, pursuant to the parties to apply in default of agreement as to the manner of such adjustments
- If any claim form, pleading, judgment or order or any other document which can be accessed pursuant to CPR Rule 5.4 at any time does not comply with paragraphs 1 and 2 above, the Claimant’s solicitor has leave to file with the Court copies of such documents adjusted so as to comply with this Order. Such copies are to be treated for all purposes as substitutions for the relevant originals. The unedited originals are then to be placed on the Court file and marked “confidential” not to be opened without the permission of a Master or High Court Judge”
- A non-party may not obtain any copy statement of case or document from the Court file unless it has been edited (anonymised) in accordance with this direction
- Reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosure of any information that may lead to the possible identification of the parties
- The Claimant has permission to use the address as detailed on the claim form of his solicitors in place of his residential address. A copy of the claim form with the Claimant’s full name and address is to be placed on the Court file and marked “confidential” not to be opened without the permission of a Master or High Court Judge”
- Permission to apply.