Claim No. QB-2017-004255
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
30 November 2020
the Honourable Mr Justice Murray
EFG (by his mother and Litigation Friend HIJ)
PENNINE ACUTE HOSPITALS NHS TRUST
UPON hearing Mr Andrew Post QC for the Claimant and Mr Michael Horne QC for the Defendant
Whereas pursuant to CPR Rule 39.2(4), the Court is satisfied that an Order in the terms below is necessary to protect the interest of the Claimant and their family and there is no sufficient countervailing public interest in disclosure
IT IS ORDERED that:
1. The Claimant and the Claimant’s mother and Litigation Friend shall hereinafter be referred to in these proceedings as “EFG” and “HIJ” respectively.
2. Pursuant to CPR Rule 39.2(4) there shall not be disclosed in any report of the proceedings the name or address of the Claimant or of the Claimant’s mother and Litigation Friend or his family and the Claimant and his mother and Litigation Friend shall only be referred as “EFG” and “HIJ”.
3. Pursuant to CPR Rule 5.4C a person who is not a party to the proceedings may obtain a copy of a Statement of Case, Judgment or Order from the Court records only if the Statement of Case, Judgment or Order has been anonymised such that (a) the Claimant and his mother and Litigation Friend are referred to in those documents only as “EFG” and “HIJ” and (b) the address of the Claimant and his mother and Litigation Friend has been deleted from those documents.
4. There be permission to apply in relation to this Order.
5. The Defendant do pay the Claimant’s costs on the standard basis to be the subject of detailed assessment if not agreed.