Case No: CO/3970/2022
In the High Court of Justice
King’s Bench Division
28 October 2022
The Honourable Mr Justice Chamberlain
The King on the application of PK and HS
Secretary of State for the Home Department
On an application by the Claimant for urgent consideration and interim relief
Following consideration of the documents lodged by the Claimant
Order by the Honourable Mr Justice Chamberlain
- Pursuant to CPR 39.2(4), the First and Second Claimants shall be referred to in these proceedings as PK and HS respectively. No report of these proceedings may directly or indirectly identify either Claimant.
- Pursuant to CPR 5.4C(4), a non-party may not obtain a copy of a statement of case from court records unless (a) it has been anonymised or (b) with the permission of the court.
- The Defendant may file and serve a response to the Claimant’s application for interim relief, together with any evidence relied upon, by 4pm on Friday 4 November 2022.
- The papers are to be passed to a High Court Judge or Deputy High Court Judge for consideration of the application for interim relief on the papers immediately thereafter.
- Both parties have liberty to apply.
This case is urgent given the impending due date of the First Claimant. However, it is important that the Defendant has a reasonable time to respond to the application for interim relief. The directions allow for this. After that, the application should be determined as soon as possible. It is not appropriate to order the Defendant to decide the Second Claimant’s application for support within 5 working days. That would amount to interim relief. The Defendant should be heard before the grant of any such relief.