PM -v- Vale of Glamorgan Council (anonymity order)
Administrative CourtHigh CourtKing's Bench DivisionAnonymity Order
Case Reference: CO/1477/2023
In The High Court of Justice
King’s Bench Division
9 May 2023
His Honour Judge Keyser Kc Sitting As A Judge Of The High Court
On The Application of PM
Vale Of Glamorgan Council
UPON a claim for judicial review
AND UPON the Claimant’s application, by notice dated 24 April 2023 (incorrectly shown as 24 February 2023 on the first page of the notice), for interim relief
AND UPON reading the documents filed by the Claimant
AND UPON it appearing from a certificate of service that the claim form and accompanying bundle, including the application for interim relief and the evidence relied on in support of that application, were served on the Defendant on 3 May 2023
AND UPON the Court considering (1) that on the basis of the information currently before the Court there is a serious question to be determined, (2) that the balance of convenience favours the grant of interim relief, but (3) that the chronology does not indicate any great urgency, and (4) that the question of time limits for bringing this claim is properly to be dealt with at the permission stage and not by way of interim relief
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
- The identity of the Claimant be not disclosed.
- The Claimant be described in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in the proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as “PM”.
- A non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court file (other than this Order) without the permission of a Judge. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
- Reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant. The publication of the name and address of the Claimant is prohibited.
- Any requirement for the Claimant to conduct the proceedings by a litigation friend is dispensed with.
- As from 6 p.m. on 12 May 2023 and until the determination of these proceedings or further order in the meantime, the Defendant shall provide to the Claimant accommodation and support on the basis that he is a putative child.
- Either party may apply for this Order to be varied or set aside, in whole or in part, provided that any such application be on at least 1 clear day’s notice.
- Costs are reserved.
Dated: 9 May 2023