Claim No: QB-2022-000180
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
Master Eastman on behalf of Master Cook
Bristol City Council
UPON READING an Application Notice by the Claimant dated 19 January 2022
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 rights to respect for private and
family life and the Article 10 rights to freedom of expression.
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is
necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant.
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section II of the
Contempt of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules.
IT IS ORDERED:-
1. That the identity of the Claimant be not disclosed.
2. That the Claimant be described in all statements of case and other documents
to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in the
proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as
3. That the address of the Claimant be stated in all statements of case and other
documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address of the
4. That in so far as necessary, any statement of case or other document
disclosing the Claimant’s name or address already filed in the proceedings be
replaced by a document describing such names or addresses in anonymised
form as above.
5. That the original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the
Claimant is to be placed on the Court file in a sealed envelope marked “not to
be opened without the permission of a Master or Judge of the Queen’s Bench
6. That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from
the Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the
permission of a Master or District Judge. Any application for such permission
must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect service. The
file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
7. That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may
lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant. The publication of the
names and addresses of the Claimant or of any member of the Claimant’s
immediate family is prohibited.
8. That the Claimant do draw and file this Order and serve the same on the
Defendant within 7 days of receipt of the sealed Order.
9. That the Claimant comply with rule 23.9(2) by service on the Defendant.
10. That the Defendant may apply under rule 23.10 to have this Order set aside or
11. That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to
have this Order set aside or varied.
12. A copy of this order shall be published on the Judicial Website of the High Court
of Justice specifying that the Claimant shall be referred to as PPX.
13. Costs in the case.