Claim number: CO/ 1953 /2023
In the High Court of Justice
King’s Bench Division
30 May 2023
Mr Justice Constable
The King on the application of
IB (a child represented by his litigation friend, Ms Madeleine Harris of Humans for Rights Network)
(1) Governor of HMP/YOI Elmley
(2) Secretary of State for Justice
Crown Prosecution Service
BEFORE Mr Justice Constable on 30 May 2023.
UPON reading the Claimant’s N461 and N463 forms, the Claimant’s Statement of Facts and Grounds as well as the supporting documentary evidence.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
- This claim is deemed fit for expedited consideration and the following directions shall apply:
a. The Defendants shall file and serve their Acknowledgement of Service within 7 days of this order.
b. The claim shall be listed for a rolled-up permission and substantive hearing before a High Court Judge the week commencing 26 June 2023, with a time estimate of 1 ½ days.
- Pursuant to CPR 39.2 the identity of the Claimant shall not be disclosed. The claim shall be referred to and listed as R (IB) v (1)Governor of HMP/YOI Elmley and (2) Secretary of State for Justice
- Liberty to apply with at least 3 working days’ notice to the other parties.
- Costs reserved.