R ota CR -v- Secretary of State for the Home Department (anonymity order)
Claim No: CO/1414/2020
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
29 April 2020
The Hon. Mrs Justice Steyn DBE
The Queen on the application of CR
Secretary of State for the Home Department
Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service
UPON considering the Claimant’s application for judicial review and interim relief dated 16 April 2020 and the accompanying documents
AND UPON considering the Defendant’s Summary Grounds of Defence and the accompanying documents, and the Claimant’s reply
AND UPON hearing counsel for the Claimant and counsel for the Defendant by means of a public video hearing held in accordance with the Protocol Regarding Remote hearings dated 26 March 2020 and Practice Direction 51Y, paragraph 3
IT IS ORDERED THAT
- The directions regarding anonymity and related matters set out at paragraphs 5-8 of the order of Mr Justice Knowles dated 17 April 2020 be continued.
- The Claimant’s application for interim relief be granted.
- The Claimant be released from detention to the address identified by the Defendant on 24 Aril 2020 as soon as reasonably practicable, and in any event no later than 4pm on Tuesday 5 May 2020.
- The Defendant pay the Claimant’s costs of and relating to her application dated 24 April 2020, to be subject to detailed assessment if not agreed.
- The Defendant pay the Claimant’s costs of and relating to the application for interim relief and the hearing of that application on 29 April 2020, to be subject to detailed assessment if not agreed.
- The Defendant file and serve any amended Summary Grounds of Defence – if so advised, and subject to any further order of the Court regarding the transfer of the claim and related matters – no later than 4pm on 20 May 2020, after which date the matter be placed before a Judge for consideration of permission on the papers.
- Liberty to apply.