R -v- London Borough of Islington (anonymity order)
High CourtQueen's Bench DivisionAnonymity Order
Case No: CO/2766/2022
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
5 August 2022
The Honourable Mr Justice Linden
R on the application of G
London Borough of Islington
UPON the Court being satisfied, having considered CPR r.39.2(4) that an anonymity order is necessary in order to secure the proper administration of justice and protect the interests of the claimant
AND UPON the Court being satisfied that an expert report on the Claimant’s litigation capacity is reasonably required to resolve the proceedings and is necessary and proportionate.
It is ordered by consent that:
1. The publication, communication or dissemination of any information likely to identify the Claimant is prohibited until further order.
2. This claim shall be known and listed as R (G) v. Islington LBC until further order and the Claimant shall be referred to as G in all court documents.
3. The Defendant shall continue to accommodate the Claimant until the earliest of:
(a) The refusal of permission to apply for judicial review;
(b) The Claimant being accommodated in suitable accommodation by another public body or charitable organisation; or
(c) Further order of the Court.
4. By 4pm on 02 September 2022, the Claimant is to file and serve an expert report addressing:
(a) His litigation capacity;
(b) What reasonable adjustments can be made to best facilitate his participation in proceedings.
5. Liberty to apply in respect of paragraphs 1 and 2 above.
6.. Costs reserved.