IN THE SPECIAL IMMIGRATION APPEALS COMMISSION
10 September 2019
The Secretary of State for the Home Department
UPON CONSIDERING the Appellant’s application dated 22 August 2019
IT IS ORDERED THAT
1. The Appellant be referred to for the purpose of these proceedings as “R3”.
2. No person shall publish or cause to have published anything which might identify the Appellant as an appellant to the Commission.
3. These proceedings shall continue to be named as “R3 v Secretary of State for the Home Department”.
4. Liberty to all parties and to any media organisation to apply on giving 48 hours’ written notice to the other parties and to the Legal Representatives listed on the Commission’s website.
1. The Appellant is a citizen of Pakistan. He fears ill treatment breaching article 3 of the European Convention on Human Rights if he is removed to Pakistan, as he has been accused of being associated with terrorism.
2. His case is also that he has been detained twice in Turkey and badly treated in detention, and that there is a risk that he will be detained again if the allegations against him are reported.
3. He has five British children by two wives. He also fears that there are risks to them and to his ex-wives if he is identified. They might be exposed to the risk of attacks.
4. In the circumstances, an anonymity order is appropriate.