Claim No. QB-2018-005210
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
27 July 2021
RE1 (as administrator of the estate of GE1 (deceased) and on behalf of the dependants of the deceased)
Ministry of Defence
UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the Article 10 rights of the public and the press;
AND UPON non-disclosure of the Claimant’s identity being necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant & her two young children
AND PURSUANT to CPR r. 39.2(4) and section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules
IT IS ORDERED that:
1. The identity of the Claimant and of the deceased and of the dependants of the deceased shall not be disclosed and these proceedings shall be anonymised as follows:
a. Pursuant to CPR Rule 5.4C, Rule 5.4D and Rule 39.2(4) there shall be substituted for all purposes of this case:
b. In place of reference to the Claimant by name whether orally or in writing, reference to her will be “RE1”;
c. Reference to the deceased will be “GE1”
d. References to the children and dependants of the deceased will be “AE1” and “AE2”.
2. The provisions of this Order shall not apply:
a. To communications between the Court Funds Office and the anonymised parties or Litigation Friend in relation to the payment of money into the Court Funds Office for the benefit of the anonymised parties or the investment or treatment of payment out of such money;
b. To communications between the Court Funds Office and/or the anonymised parties or Litigation Friend and any financial institution concerned as to the receipt or investment of such money; or
c. To records kept by the Court Funds Office or the anonymised parties or Litigation Friend or any such financial institution in relation to such money.
3. A non-party may not obtain a copy of the Statement of Case or documents from the Court file, without the permission of the Court. Any application for such permission should be made on notice to the Claimant and in accordance with CPR 5.4C(6).
4. A non-party may not obtain a copy of the Statement of Case or documents from the Court file unless it has been anonymised in accordance with this direction and there has been redacted any information which might identify the Claimant or his immediate family.
5. There shall be no publication or disclosure of any name, address or information intending to identify the Claimant and her immediate family.
6. Any party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have this Order set aside or varied.
7. A copy of this Order shall be published on the judicial website of the High Court of