CLAIM NO: QB- 2017-000033
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
11 January 2021
RJM (A Protected Party by her Mother and Litigation Friend SZM)
THE SECRETARY OF STATE FOR HEALTH(formerly: YORKSHIRE AND HUMBER STRATEGIC HEALTH AUTHORITY)
BEFORE HH Judge Bird sitting as an additional judge of the High Court of Justice Queen’s Bench Division at the Royal Courts of Justice, London, on the 11th January 2021
UPON HEARING Leading Counsel on behalf of the Claimant and Leading Counsel on behalf of the Defendant
(1) Consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 rights to respect for private and family life, and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression.
(2) It appearing that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant.
(3) The Defendant indicating its neutrality to the making of the order and there being no representations from the press or any other interested party.
AND PURSUANT to section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981; and CPR rules 5.4C, 5.4D and 39.2(4)
IT IS ORDERED THAT:
- The identity of the Claimant in these proceedings is protected and shall not be published.
- Pursuant to CPR Rule 39.2(4), there shall not be disclosed in any report of these proceedings the name or address of the Claimant, or the Claimant’s parents, or any details that could lead to the identification of the Claimant. The Claimant and the Litigation Friend shall be referred to as set out at paragraph 3 of this Order.
- In any judgment or report of these proceedings, or other publication (by whatever medium) in relation thereto:
- The Claimant shall be referred to as “RJM”
- The Litigation Friend shall be referred to as “SZM”
- Any other details liable to lead to the identification of the Claimant (including any names of other family members or addresses) shall be redacted before publication.
- Pursuant to CPR Rules 5.4C and 5.4D:
- A person who is not a party to the proceedings may obtain a copy of a statement of case, judgment or order from the Court records only if the statement of case, judgment or order has been anonymised in accordance with subparagraphs 3(1) to (3) above.
- If a person who is not a party to the proceedings applies (pursuant to CPR r.5.4C(1B) or (2)) for permission to inspect or obtain a copy of any other document or communication, such application shall be on at least 7 days’ notice to the Claimant’s Solicitor or Deputy.
- The Court file shall be clearly marked with the words “An anonymity order was made in this case on the 11th January 2021 and any application by a non-party to inspect or obtain an copy document from this file must be dealt with in accordance with the terms of that Order.”
- Any interested party, whether or not a party to the proceedings, may apply to the Court to vary or discharge this Order, providing that any such application is made on notice to the Claimant’s Solicitor or Deputy, and that 7 days’ prior notice of the intention to make such an application is given.