Claim number: AC-2023-LON-000093
In the High Court of Justice
King’s Bench Division
11 August 2023
The Honourable Mrs Justice Farbey
The King on the application of
(2) KS (a child by his litigation friend RK)
(3) RS (a child by his litigation friend RK)
Secretary of State for the Home Department
On an application by the Claimants for urgent interim relief
Following consideration of the documents lodged by the Claimant
ORDER by the Honourable Mrs Justice Farbey
- There shall be no reporting of the claimants’ names and they shall be known in these proceedings as RK, KS and RS in the interests of their private lives and (in the case of KS and RS) their age.
- There will be a hearing on notice on Tuesday 15 August 2023 at which the question of interim relief and further case management directions for the progress of the claim will be considered.
- All parties to attend; time estimate 1 hour.
- The Defendant shall by noon on Monday 14 August 2023 file and serve a written submission setting out any objections to the making of the top-up payment on a backdated and/or ongoing basis together with any evidence on which she seeks to rely.
Bearing in mind that the claimant seeks mandatory relief in the form of backdated and ongoing payment of money, the court would be assisted by oral submissions. From what I have read, the claimants’ submissions on the top-up payment appear strong so I have ordered a very swift hearing.