RMB1 – v- Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council (anonymity order)
Claim No.: QB-2020-004007
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
10 February 2021
(1) Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council
(2) The Chief Constable of South Yorkshire Police
UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant be necessary in order to protect the interest of the Claimant
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and Section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and Rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules
IT IS ORDERED that:-
1. The identity of the Claimant shall not be disclosed.
2. The Claimant be described in any judgment or order in these proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise by “RMB1”.
3. The Claimant’s solicitors address shall replace the Claimant’s address within the claim form.
4. The Claimant must serve a copy of the anonymised claim form upon both Defendants within 7 days of this Order.
5. A non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission of a Judge, Master or District Judge of the Queen’s Bench Division. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the parties, and the Court will effect service.
6. So far as the claim form, or any judgment or order, or any other document to which anyone might have access pursuant to CPR Rule
5.4A-D at any time does not comply with the above, the Claimants’ and/or Defendants’ solicitor has leave to file with the Court copies of such document adjusted so as to comply therein. Such copies are to be treated for all purposes as being in substitution for the relevant originals; and the originals are then to be retained by the Court on the file marked “confidential”.
7. A non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission of a Master or District Judge. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked “confidential”.
8. Reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant. The publication of the name and address of the Claimant or any member of the Claimant’s family is prohibited.
9. Any party or non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have this Order varied or set aside.
10. Costs in the case.