CLAIM NO. QB-2021-001685
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
15 June 2021
RXG (A Protected Party proceeding by his Litigation Friend JXT)
BLUE FIN FARMSHIELD SCHEME
BEFORE ANTHONY METZER QC SITTING AS A DEPUTY JUDGE OF THE HIGH COURT
UPON HEARING Leading Counsel for the Claimant and Counsel for the Defendant
AND UPON the Court being satisfied that an order in the terms of paragraphs 1 to 5 below is necessary to protect the interests of the Claimant and that there is no countervailing public interest in disclosure
IT IS ORDERED that:
- The Claimant and his Litigation Friend shall respectively be referred to in these proceedings as RXG and JXT.
- Pursuant to CPR 39.2(4) there shall not be disclosed in any report of the proceedings the name or address of the Claimant or of his Litigation Friend or any details leading to their identification and, if referred to, the Claimant and his Litigation Friend shall respectively be referred to in these proceedings as RXG and JXT.
- Pursuant to CPR 5.4C a person who is not a party to these proceedings may obtain a copy of a statement of case, judgment or order from the Court records only if the statement of case, judgment or order has been anonymised such that (a) the Claimant and his Litigation Friend are respectively referred to as RXG and JXT in those documents and (b) the address of each has been deleted from those documents.
- Nothing in paragraphs 1 to 3 above shall prohibit the Defendant, its insurers or its insurers’ successors in title from disclosing the Claimant’s or his Litigation Friend’s names, addresses or any other information tending to identify them to their reinsurers, their legal and professional advisers, an annuity provider for the purposes of procuring an annuity in respect of the damages awarded to the Claimant or to HM Revenue & Customs (or its successor) or any other person required by law.
- That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission of a Master or Judge of the High Court. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect service. A copy of the Claim Form and Schedule 1 to this Order are to be retained by the Court on HMCTS e-filing system (CE-file), marked “Confidential” and are not to be opened without the permission of a Judge, Master or District Judge of the Queen’s Bench Division.
- That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of those named in the Order. The publication of the name and address of those named in the Order or any member of their immediate family is prohibited.
- There shall be permission to apply in respect of this order.
DATED this 15th day of June 2021