Claim number: AC-2023-LON-000030
In the High Court of Justice
King’s Bench Division
3 November 2023
The Honourable Mrs Justice Lang DBE
The King on the application of
Secretary of State for the Home Department
(Port Ref: AIC/7518145)
On the Claimant’s application for an anonymity order;
Following consideration of the documents lodged by the parties;
Order by the Honourable Mrs Justice Lang DBE
- Pursuant to CPR r.39.2, in any report of these proceedings, there shall be no publication of the name and address of the Claimant, nor any other particulars likely to lead to her identification. In the proceedings, the Claimant shall be anonymised and referred to as “SA”.
- Costs in the case.
- I have granted an anonymity order. The Claimant is an asylum seeker who claims to be at risk. In the circumstances, a departure from the general principle of open justice is justified.
UPON the Claimant having received an ASPEN card from the Defendant on 6 September 2023
AND UPON the Defendant having confirmed that she took a decision to grant the Claimant Section 95-support on 23 June 2023
AND UPON the Defendant having made an appropriate payment to compensate the Claimant for the delay in issuing the decision
IT IS ORDERED :
- The Claimant has leave to withdraw her application for judicial review and it is hereby withdrawn.
- The Defendant is to pay the Claimant’s reasonable costs of bringing the application to be assessed if not agreed.
- There be a detailed assessment of the Claimant’s publicly funded costs in accordance with the Civil Legal Aid (Costs) Regulations 2013.