Case number: CO/129/2023
In the High Court of Justice
King’s Bench Division
19 January 2023
Mr Justice Julian Knowles
The King on the application of
SA (by his litigation friend)
Secretary of State for the Home Department
UPON consideration of the Claimant’s application for Judicial Review, Detailed Statement of Facts and Grounds, Application for Interim Relief and Draft Orders.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED THAT:
- The Claimant shall hereinafter be referred to in these proceedings as SA.
- Pursuant to CPR r. 39.2(4), there shall not be disclosed in any report of the proceedings the names of the Claimant.
- Pursuant to CPR r. 5.4C, a person who is not party to the proceedings may obtain a copy of a statement of case, judgment or order from the court records only if the statement of case, judgment or order has been anonymised such that the Claimant is referred to in those documents only as SA
- The Defendant must file and serve an Acknowledgement of Service (AOS) in response to the claim within 10 days of the date of this order.
- The Claimant’s application for interim relief in the form of provision of accommodation is to be placed before a judge as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter for a decision.
- Liberty to apply.
- Costs reserved.
- Given the Claimant’s vulnerability I am prepared to order anonymity. I am also prepared to abridge time for the AOS.
- I am not prepared to make a mandatory order requiring the provision of accommodation without giving the Defendant a chance to respond to the claim. There are many such cases as this, and the Defendant has many demands on her (limited) resources. Once she has responded, the matter can be put before a judge for a decision.