SAS -v- Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (anonymity order)
CASE NO: QB-2019-000972
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
4 November 2021
Sam Grodzinski QC (Sitting as a Deputy Judge of the High Court)
SAS (A protected party acting by his Deputy and Litigation
Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
UPON the Court considering that protection of the interests of the Claimant requires that his name should not be disclosed.
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that pursuant to section 6 of the Human Rights Act 1998 and CPR Rule 5.4C – 5.4D and CPR Rule 39.2:
1. There be substituted for all purposes of this case, in place of references to the Claimant by name, and whether orally or in writing, references to the letters SAS. Likewise, the Litigation Friend shall be referred to as CNC.
2. A non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document from the Court file without the permission of a Master. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant.
3. A non-party may not obtain any copy statement of case or document from the Court file unless it has been anonymised in accordance with this direction and there has been redacted any information which might identify the Claimant or the Litigation Friend.
4. There shall be no publication or other disclosure of any name, address or information tending to identify the Claimant or the Litigation Friend.
5. There shall be permission to apply in respect of this order.
Dated this 4th day of November 2021.