SCV -v- MR ARTUR POSTOLIUK (anonymity order)
Queen's Bench DivisionAnonymity Order
Case No: QB-2021-MAN-000204
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
MANCHESTER DISTRICT REGISTRY
HHJ Sephton QC
(A PROTECTED PARTY ACTING THROUGH HIS LITIGATION FRIEND SMV)
MR ARTUR POSTOLIUK
BEFORE HHJ Sephton QC sitting as a Judge of the High Court at Manchester District Registry on 13 January
2022 at a hearing conducted by MS Teams
UPON HEARING Rhiannon Jones QC, on behalf of the Claimant and Stephen Grime QC on behalf of the
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the
Article 10 right to freedom of expression.
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is necessary in order to
protect the interests of the Claimant.
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section II of the Contempt of Court Act
1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules.
IT IS ORDERED:
1. That the identity of the Claimant and of the Litigation Friend be not disclosed.
2. That the Claimant and the Litigation Friend be described in all statements of case and other
documents to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in the proceedings
and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as “SCV” and “SMV”.
3. That the address of the Claimant and of the Litigation Friend be stated in all statements of case and
other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address of the Claimant’s solicitors.
4. That in so far as necessary, any statement of case or other document disclosing the Claimant’s name
or address or the name or address of the Litigation Friend already filed in the proceedings be replaced
by a document describing such name or address in anonymised form as above.
5. That the original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the Claimant or of the
Litigation Friend is to be placed on the Court file in a sealed envelope marked “not to be opened
without the permission of a Judge”.
6. That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court file (other
than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission of a Judge. Any application for
such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will affect service. The file
is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
7. That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the
subsequent identification of the Claimant or Litigation Friend. The publication of the name and
address of the Claimant or of any member of the Claimant’s immediate family or the name and
address of the Litigation Friend is prohibited.
8. The provisions of this Order shall not apply:-
8.1. To communications between the Court Funds Office and the anonymised party or Litigation
Friend in relation to the payment of money into the Court Funds Office for the benefit of the
anonymised party or the investment or treatment of payment out of such money;
8.2. To communications between the Court Funds Office and/or the anonymised party or
Litigation Friend and any financial institution concerned as to the receipt or investment of
such money; or
8.3. To records kept by the Court Funds Office or the anonymised party or Litigation Friend or
any such financial institution in relation to such money;
8.4. To communications with third parties by the Claimant’s Deputy, in fulfilling his or her
deputyship duties, where the Deputy considers it to be in the best interests of the Claimant to
9. A (duly anonymised) copy of this Order shall be published on the judicial website of the high court
of Justice specifying that the Claimant, and their litigation friend shall be referred to as SCV and
10. That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have this Order set
aside or varied.