SRA and SSA -v- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (anonymity order)
CLAIM No. QB 2019 004031
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
11 October 2021
Clive Sheldon QC (Sitting as a Deputy Judge of the High Court)
SRA (a protected party suing by his mother and litigation friend SSA)
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
BEFORE Clive Sheldon QC sitting as a deputy judge of the High Court at the Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London WC2 on 11 October 2021
UPON HEARING Simon Taylor, one of Her Majesty’s Counsel, for the Claimant and Philip Havers, one of Her Majesty’s Counsel, for the Defendant
AND UPON the Court considering that protection of the interests of the First Claimant requires that his name should not be disclosed
IT IS HEREBY ORDERED that pursuant to section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981, section 6 of the Human Rights Act 1998 and CPR Rule 5.4A to 5.4D and CPR Rule 39.2:
- There be substituted for all purposes of this case, in place of references to the First Claimant by name, and whether orally or in writing, references to the letters SRA. Likewise, the Litigation Friend and Second Claimant shall be referred to as SSA.
- A non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document from the Court file without the permission of a Master. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the First Claimant.
- A non-party may not obtain any copy statement of case or document from the Court file unless it has been anonymised in accordance with this direction and there has been redacted any information which might identify the First Claimant or the Litigation Friend.
- There shall be no publication or other disclosure of any name, address or information tending to identify the First Claimant or the Litigation Friend.
- There shall be permission to apply in respect of this order.