CLAIM NO: E90BM185
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
Birmingham District Registry
9 November 2021
S R P (A Protected Party, by his former Wife and Litigation friend J P)
Victoria Louise Weeks
BEFORE Her Honour Judge Kelly, sitting at Birmingham District Registry, Civil Justice Centre, The Priory Courts, 33 Bull Street, Birmingham, B4 6DS on 9th November 2021.
AND UPON a remote hearing taking place at which Bruce Silvester of Counsel on behalf of the Claimant and Nina Goolamali QC on behalf of the Defendant were present by video.
AND UPON considering the Article 8 right of the Claimant to respect for privacy and family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression
AND UPON it appearing that non-disclosure of the identity of the claimant and/or Litigation Friend is necessary in order to protect the interests of the claimant
AND PURSUANT TO CPR rule 39.2(4) and Section II of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules
BY CONSENT IT IS ORDERED THAT:
- The identity of the Claimant and Litigation Friend shall not be disclosed.
- The Claimant and the Litigation Friend be described in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served and in any judgment or order in the proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as “SRP (proceeding by his Litigation Friend JP)”.
- The address of the Claimant and the Litigation Friend be stated in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address of the Claimant’s solicitor.
- A non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission of a District Judge.
- Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the claimant and the court will effect service. The court file is to be retained and marked “anonymised”.
- Reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant or the litigation friend. The publication of the name and address of the Claimant or of any member of the Claimant’s immediate family or the litigation friend is prohibited.
- Any non-party affected by this order may apply on notice to all parties to have this order set aside or varied.