Claim number: CO/1219/2023
In the High Court of Justice
King’s Bench Division
6 April 2023
The Honourable Mr Justice Jay
The King on the application of
Secretary of State for the Home Department
On an application by the Claimant for Interim Relief and Case Management Directions
Following consideration of the documents lodged by the Claimant
ORDER by the Honourable Mr Justice Jay
- The claimant is granted anonymity pursuant to CPR r 39.2 and will be referred to as “SS (Afghanistan)” for the purposes of this claim, and granted reporting restrictions pursuant to section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 such that nothing may be published which directly or indirectly identifies the claimant in these proceedings.
- The defendant shall file and serve an acknowledgment of service not later than 14 days after she is served with the claim form.
- There shall be a hearing with a time estimate of 3 hours on the first available date not before 28th April 2023, to consider the application for interim relief.
- Costs reserved.
- The Claimant has an arguable case that removal will not take place within any reasonable time.
- At the interim relief hearing, the Defendant should inform the Court pursuant to its duty of candour whether any persons are being deported or removed to Afghanistan at the moment.