Claim No: QB-2018-005820
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
19 May 2021
THE HON. MRS JUSTICE YIP DBE
JEREMY DAVID STANSFIELD
BRITISH BROADCASTING CORPORATION
BEFORE The Honourable Mrs Justice Yip DBE at the Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London WC2A 2LL on 19th May 2021
UPON hearing Marcus Grant of Counsel for the Claimant and Jonathan Watt- Pringle QC for the Defendant; and
AND UPON consideration of the Article 8 right to respect for private and family life for the Claimant’s children and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant’s children is necessary in order to protect their interests
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and Rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules
IT IS ORDERED:-
1. That the identity of the Claimant’s children shall not be disclosed in connection with these proceedings.
2. That the Claimant’s children shall not be named in any judgment or order in these proceedings or in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise.
3. That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information about the ages, gender and health of the children, save that subject to any further order anything contained in a published judgment may be reported.
4. This order does not prevent the reporting of the fact that the Claimant has children or the number of children he has.
5. That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have this Order set aside or varied. During the trial, any such application may be made by orally in Court or by email to the clerk to Mrs Justice Yip (Ashley.Aukett@justice.gov.uk) without the need for a formal application notice.
6. No order as to costs
Dated this 19th day of May 2021