Claim No: QB-2022-000268
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
(1) Leicester City Council
(2) Horizon Care and Education Group Limited
UPON READING an application notice by the Claimant dated 14 December 2021
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and
family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression.
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is
necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant.
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section II of the
Contempt of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules.
IT IS ORDERED:-
1. That the identity of the Claimant be not disclosed.
2. That the Claimant be described in all statements of case and other documents
to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in the
proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as
3. That the address of the Claimant be stated in all statements of case and other
documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address of the
4. That in so far as necessary, any statement of case or other document
disclosing the Claimant’s name or address already filed in the proceedings be
replaced by a document describing such name or address in anonymised form
5. That the original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the
Claimant is to be placed on the Court file in a sealed envelope marked “not to
be opened without the permission of a Judge, Master or District Judge of the
Queen’s Bench Division”.
6. That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from
the Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the
permission of a Master or District Judge. Any application for such permission
must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect service. The
file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
7. That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may
lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant. The publication of the
name and address of the Claimant or of any member of the Claimant’s
immediate family is prohibited.
8. The provisions of this Order shall not apply:-
a) to communications between the Court Funds Office and the anonymised
party or Litigation Friend in relation to the payment of money into the Court
Funds Office for the benefit of the anonymised party or the investment or
treatment of payment out of such money;
b) to communications between the Court Funds Office and/or the anonymised
party or Litigation Friend and any financial institution concerned as to the
receipt or investment of such money; or
c) to records kept by the Court Funds Office or the anonymised party or
Litigation Friend or any such financial institution in relation to such money.
9. That the Claimant do draw and file this Order and serve the same on the
10. (in so far as the Order is made under rule 23.9 without service of a copy of the
application notice on the Defendant) That the Claimant do comply with rule
23.9(2) by service on the Defendant.
11. That the Defendant may apply under rule 23.10 to have this Order set aside or
12. That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to
have this Order set aside or varied.
13. A copy of this order shall be published on the Judicial Website of the High Court
of Justice specifying that the Claimant shall be referred to as SVE.
14. Costs in the case