Case No: QB-2021-002519
IN HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
(a Protected Party, by her Litigation Friend, the Official Solicitor)
BLACKBURN WITH DARWEN BOROUGH COUNCIL
UPON READING an application notice by the Claimant dated 25 April 2022
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life
and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression.
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is necessary
in order to protect the interests of the Claimant
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section II of the Contempt
of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules.
IT IS ORDERED:-
1. That the identity of the Claimant be not disclosed
2. That the Claimant be described in all statements of case and other documents to be
filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in the proceedings and
in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as “SZR”
3. That the address of the Claimant be stated in all statements of case and other
documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address of the Claimant’s
4. That in so far as necessary, any statement of case or other document disclosing the
Claimant’s name or address already filed in the proceedings be replaced by a
document describing such name or address in anonymised form as above.
5. That the original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the Claimant
is to be placed on the Court file in a sealed envelope marked “not to be opened without
the permission of a Judge of the Court of Appeal”.
6. That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the
Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission
of a Judge. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the
Claimant, and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the Court and
7. That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead
to the subsequent identification of the Claimant. The publication of the name and
address of the Claimant or of any member of the Claimant’s immediate family is
8. The provisions of this Order shall not apply:-
(i) to communications between the Court Funds Office and the anonymised
party or Litigation Friend in relation to the payment of money into the Court
Funds Office for the benefit of the anonymised party or the investment or
treatment of payment out of such money;
(ii) to communications between the Court Funds Office and/or the anonymised
party or Litigation Friend and any financial institution concerned as to the
receipt or investment of such money; or
(iii) to records kept by the Court Funds Office or the anonymised party or
Litigation Friend or any such financial institution in relation to such money.
9. That the Claimant do comply with rule 23.9(2) by service on the Defendant
10. That the Defendant may apply under rule 23.10 to have this Order set aside or
11. That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have
this Order set aside or varied.