CLAIM NO: QB-2019-000688
IN THE HIGH COURT OF JUSTICE
QUEEN’S BENCH DIVISION
ROYAL COURTS OF JUSTICE
4 December 2020
TD (A Child Proceeding by her Mother and Litigation Friend SO)
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
BEFORE His Honour Judge Cotter QC, sitting as a Deputy High Court Judge, sitting remotely, The Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London, WC2A 2LL
UPON HEARING Sarah Pritchard QC, Leading Counsel on behalf of the Claimant and David Pittaway QC, Leading Counsel on behalf of the Defendant.
WHEREAS the Claimant has made a claim (the “Claim”) against the Defendant for personal injuries suffered by her arising out of the Defendant’s negligence on or around 31 October 2013 in respect of which proceedings were commenced by the Claimant against the Defendant in the High Court of Justice Queen’s Bench Division on 28 February 2019
WHEREAS the Claimant brings the Claim by her Mother and Litigation Friend, SO
AND UPON the Court having read the confidential approval advice of Sarah Pritchard QC dated 8 November 2020
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant, and her Litigation Friend is necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant.
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules.
IT IS ORDERED:-
1. That the identity of the Claimant and/or the Litigation Friend not be disclosed.
2. That the Claimant and the Litigation Friend be described in any judgment or order in these proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as “TD” and “SO”.
3. That a non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court file (other than this order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission of a Judge, Master or District Judge of the Queen’s Bench Division. Any application for such permission must be made on notice to the Claimant, and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Private”.
4. That reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant or Litigation Friend. The publication of the name and address of the Claimant or of any member of the Claimant’s immediate family is prohibited.
5. That any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have this Order set aside or varied.