Claim Number H20SE004
In the County Court at Sheffield
8 February 2021
The Chief Constable of South Yorkshire
In the Matter of an application by the Claimant for an order pursuant to Section 34 of the Policing and Crime Act 2009
Before His Honour Judge Robinson sitting at the County Court at Sheffield, The Law Courts, 50 West Bar, Sheffield S3 8PH on 5 February 2021
1. The Claimant was represented by Mr Daniel Penman (Barrister)
2. The Respondents were not represented and did not appear because they had not been given notice of this application
1. The Claimant applied for an order under CPR 39.2(4) in relation to the Respondents.
2. The Court considered the Respondents’ Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression.
3. It appears to the Court that it is in the interests of justice to make an order anonymising the Respondents on the terms set out in this order and there are no sufficient countervailing public interest in disclosure.
IT IS ORDERED, pursuant to Section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981, Section 6 of the Human Rights Act 1998, CPR 5.4B to D and CPR 39.2, as follows:
1. The title of this action shall be “In the matter of an application for an order pursuant to Section 34 of the Policing and Crime Act 2009 Between The Chief Constable of South Yorkshire Police Claimant And AB and 10 others Respondents”
2. There shall be no publication or other disclosure of any name, address or information tending to identify any Respondent.
3. A non-party may not inspect or obtain a copy of any document on or from the Court file (other than this Order duly anonymised as directed) without the permission of His Honour Judge Robinson. Any application for such permission shall be made on notice to the Claimant.
4. In respect of any document for which disclosure permission is given, the name of any Respondent shall be described by the initials “AB” for the 1st Respondent down to “UV” for the 11th Respondent.
5. This order will cease to have effect at 12.00 noon on 19 February 2021 unless before that time and date an application is made to revoke or extend this order in relation to any or all of the Respondents.
6. The Claimant has permission to disclose any details of any Respondent at any time.
7. Any Respondent has permission to disclose their personal details at any time, but not the details of any other Respondent.
8. Any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have the Order set aside or varied.