Claim number: AC-2023-LON-003093
In the High Court of Justice
King’s Bench Division
20 October 2023
The Honourable Mr Justice Jay
The King on the application of
Secretary of State for the Home Department
Secretary of State for Justice
On an application by the Claimant for anonymity, reporting restrictions and expedition
Following consideration of the documents lodged by the Claimant
ORDER by the Honourable Mr Justice Jay
- Pursuant to CPR r.39.2, there be substituted for all purposes in this action, in place of reference to the Claimant by name, and whether orally or in writing, reference to the letters “THL”.
- To the extent necessary to protect the Claimant’s identity, any other references, whether to persons or to places or otherwise, be adjusted appropriately, with permission to the parties to apply in default of agreement as to the manner of such adjustment.
- The Court file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”. Pursuant to CPR 5.4C a person who is not a party to these proceedings may obtain a copy of a Statement of Case, Judgment or Order from the Court records only if the Statement of Case, Judgment or Order has been anonymised such that the Claimant is referred to as TFL in those documents and his address has been removed.
- Reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant. In particular, disclosure of the Claimant’s name or address is prohibited.
- The Claimant’s application for interim relief shall be listed for an oral hearing on or before 1st November 2023, with a time estimate of two hours.
- The Defendants shall file and serve their response to the application for interim relief at least two days before the hearing.
- Liberty to apply on 24 hours’ written notice.
- Costs reserved.