Claim No.: QB-2021-003460
In the High Court of Justice
Queen’s Bench Division
28 September 2021
Anonymised Party TJW
The Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis
UPON READING an application notice by the Claimant dated 9 September 2021
AND UPON consideration of the Claimant’s Article 8 right to respect for private and family life and the Article 10 right to freedom of expression
AND UPON IT APPEARING that non-disclosure of the identity of the Claimant is necessary in order to protect the interests of the Claimant
AND PURSUANT to rule 39.2(4) of the Civil Procedure Rules and section 11 of the Contempt of Court Act 1981 and rules 5.4C and 5.4D of the Civil Procedure Rules
IT IS ORDERED that
1. The identity of the Claimant is not to be disclosed.
2. The Claimant be described in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings and in any judgment or order in the proceedings and in any report of the proceedings by the press or otherwise as “TJW”.
3. The address of the Claimant be stated in all statements of case and other documents to be filed or served in the proceedings as the address of the Claimant’s solicitors.
4. In so far as is necessary, any statement of case or other document disclosing the Claimant’s name, address or any other information making the Claimant identifiable already filed in the proceedings be replaced by a document describing such information in anonymised form as above, or redacted.
5. The original of any such document disclosing the name or address of the Claimant is to be placed on the Court file in a sealed envelope marked “not to be opened without the permission of a Judge or Master of the Queen’s Bench Division”.
6. A non-party may not inspect or obtain any copy statement of case or other document from the Court file unless it has been edited (anonymised) in accordance with this direction.
7. Any application for permission to inspect or obtain any copy statement of case or other document from the Court file must be made on notice to the Claimant and the Court will effect service. The file is to be retained by the Court and marked “Anonymised”.
8. Reporting restrictions apply as to the disclosing of any information that may lead to the subsequent identification of the Claimant. The publication of the name and address of the Claimant or of any member of the Claimant’s immediate family is prohibited.
9. The Claimant do draw and file this Order and serve the same on the Defendant.
10. The Defendant may apply under rule 23.10 to have this Order set aside or varied.
11. Any non-party affected by this Order may apply on notice to all parties to have this Order set aside or varied.
12. Costs in the case.